MISSION AND VALUES
PORTRAIT OF A GRADUATE
Through our integrative, holistic, and rigorous educational efforts, we hope to see the following characteristics in our graduates.
- To strive for intellectual rigor
- To exhibit self-awareness
- To exercise creativity
- To display courage
- To show compassion
- To demonstrate service
- To be community-minded
- To be globally-minded
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
Valley Christian Schools identify five learning areas that are central to the development of our students. Each of these targets are linked to our mission statement and the pillars of faith, wisdom, and service presented on our school emblem.
1. Think Critically and Solve Problems (Thoughtful; Rigorous; Creative; Wisdom) – Students will apply thinking strategies intentionally to observation, experience, and communication; and will apply creative and decision making skills to current situations to arrive at more desirable outcomes and solutions.
2. Communicate Effectively (Creative; Interdisciplinary; Wisdom) – Students will skillfully convey meaning with logic, precision, and originality, in a variety of genre, showing a proficient awareness of their audience and their purpose, and apply technological strategies for the successful communication of their thoughts.
3. Learn Independently (Courageous; Holistic; Rigorous; Wisdom)- Drawing from previous experience, knowledge and a set of personal skills, students will identify individual academic goals and pursue intellectual challenge autonomously.
4. Apply Biblical Principles and Christian Worldview (Christian Education; Faith; Service) – Using the Bible as the authoritative reference, students will integrate its truths and principles into their lives and pursue a greater understanding of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ for personal growth and development of their faith.
5. Lead Inspirationally (Interdisciplinary; Holistic; Service) – Students will facilitate leadership in word and action that inspires others, builds unity and commitment to further Christian values, to promote the common good and accomplish community goals.