Valley Christian Schools – Safety First
Our Fall 2021 Plan Keeps Students and Staff Safe
We continue to carefully read COVID-19 guidance for K-12 Schools from the California Department of Public Health and Alameda County Office of Education. Referencing counsel from county, state, and accrediting officials, we commit to following mandates and guidelines, and provide continuity of learning. Valley Christian Schools is a healthy-only campus; if your child is ill or symptomatic, they must remain at home.
Preschool: VCPS holds current California State Licensure. Though it is strongly recommended that children 2 and older wear masks, we are not requiring our children to do so. If you would like your child to wear a mask we will support you with this process.
- We continue to follow our COVID cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Children are combined in cohorts by age group; they are combined with same-age peers at morning drop off, afternoon pick up, and outdoor recess time
- All areas are cleaned and sanitized between each group
- All staff are required to wear masks when children are present
- Children and staff wash hands upon entering classrooms
- Children have their own set of art supplies and writing supplies
- Children have their own labeled spot at tables for activities and meals
Elementary, Middle, and High Schools (K-12): The following conditions are in place to ensure the safety of our entire community:
- Masks must be worn by all students, faculty, and staff indoors of all campus buildings regardless of vaccination status
- Masks are not required outside
- Social distancing in our classrooms is no longer required because of wearing masks
- We are only offering in-person instruction as we begin the 2021-2022 school year
- Visitors are not allowed in the classroom when students are present
- Daily health screenings (temperature, symptoms check) must occur within the family home before coming to school
- Please refer to the links above from the CDPH and the ACOE for the most current travel protocols, which we are following
General Safety Practices
The Valley Christian Safety Committee and all school staff are continuing to develop comprehensive disaster and safety plans. In the event of an emergency, our teachers and staff have been trained on the appropriate procedures to ensure the emotional and physical well being of our students. It is our intent to protect each and every student and person on campus.
As part of our safety program, students and staff practice various safety drills on a monthly (Lower Schools and Middle School) and quarterly (High School) basis. Drills include lockdown, fire, earthquake, and shelter in place.
The Safety Committee has placed various safety supplies in areas around the school. Valley Christian Schools is prepared for all emergency situations.
Emergency food and/or water supplies are provided in each classroom Preschool through High School. These supplies will be used in the unlikely event the students and teachers are not allowed to leave the classroom.
Each room has a red backpack equipped with basic first aid, a flashlight, and emergency binders with classroom rosters and proper emergency information and protocols.
School Trauma Kits
These kits contain basic first aid plus supplies for bleeding, immobilizations and various tools to help out in different high trauma situations.
School Emergency Supply Shed
This is an on-campus emergency supply container specifically earmarked for supplies in the event of an emergency lasting more than 12 hours. Emergency food rations, water, blankets, and other necessary supplies are contained here.